What is a knife gate valve?
As the name suggests, the knife-type gate valve has a knife-shaped oblique cut at the bottom of the flat valve plate, which has the function of cutting off the medium, so that the valve is closed without being blocked by the medium.
This valve is generally used for opening and closing the circulation of pulp, coal ash, chemical raw materials, sewage, food and other media. The pressure range is generally used within 1.6MPa, the temperature is generally used below 120°C, and special materials can also be used for high temperature.
The valve has significant advantages such as light switch, reliable sealing, good elastic memory and long service life. It can be widely used in water, sewage, construction, petroleum, chemical, food, medicine, textile, electric power, shipbuilding, metallurgy, energy systems and other body pipelines as a regulating and intercepting device. There are plate gate valves, knife-type mud gate valves, knife-type slag discharge gate valves, single-clamp slurry gate valves and manual single-clamp knife gate valves.
Features of knife gate valve:
- The ultra-short structural length saves materials and greatly reduces the overall weight of the piping system.
- It occupies a small effective space, can effectively support the strength of the pipeline, and can reduce the possibility of pipeline vibration.
- The gate plate is made of austenitic stainless steel, which greatly improves the corrosion resistance and can effectively prevent seal leakage caused by gate plate corrosion.
- The upper sealing packing is made of flexible PTFE, which is reliable in sealing and easy to operate.
- The gate has the function of a knife, which can effectively break off all kinds of sundries in the medium.
- If the hard-sealed stainless steel material is used, and the valve disc is spray-welded, it can well expand the temperature and pressure requirements of the valve.
Advantages of gate valves:
- The fluid resistance is small, and the sealing surface is less eroded and eroded by the medium.
- It saves effort to open and close.
- The flow direction of the medium is not restricted, without disturbing the flow and reducing the pressure.
- Durable and easy to use.
- The shape is simple, the structure length is short, and the application range is wide.
Disadvantages of gate valves:
- It is easy to cause erosion and abrasion between the sealing surfaces, and it is difficult to maintain.
- The overall size is large, it needs a certain space to open, and the opening and closing time is long.
- The structure is more complicated.
Main specifications and performance:
- Nominal pressure (Mpa) shell test (Mpa) sealing test (Mpa) 1.0 1.6 1.5 2.4 1.1 1.8
- Working temperature ≤900℃
- Applicable medium: pulp, sewage, coal slurry, ash, slag water mixture
- Main parts: cutting body, cutting cover gate valve stem sealing surface
- Material: stainless steel, carbon steel, gray cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, stainless steel, rubber, PTFE, stainless steel, hard alloy, etc.
To solve your problems and provide the best solution is the direction we have been committed to.